Business Day Investor Relations Awards
Hat Trick for Ince
Advertising agency Ince has scooped the Advertising Agency of the Year award for the third time since 2005 in the annual Business Day Investor Relations Award. In second place is Overend Outsource and Terranova in third.
The awards were announced last night, Tuesday, 26 February 2008, at a gala event held at The Wanderers Club in Johannesburg. Speaking ahead of the awards, Business Day editor Peter Bruce said, "We are pleased with the growth of entrants in the Investor Relations Awards and believe that all dynamic JSE-listed companies want to be contenders for the top spot. "Once again Ince has managed to accumulate the most points across all the award categories. They offer tough competition.
More than 250 entries This year, Business Day received more than 250 entries for the awards. All companies placing investor relations advertisements in Business Day between 1 March 2006 and 28 February 2007 were invited to enter their print ads.
Corporate web site entrants were required to have placed investor relations communication in Business Day print in the same period, as well as to have had their sites accessible on the web from 1 March 2004.
"In line with global trends, which seek more transparent reporting, two new categories were introduced this year: Corporate Social Responsibility and Innovative Communication," says Bruce.
Other winners in major categories included:
- Graphicor Pty Ltd for RMB Holdings and Motiv For Oceana Group Limited tied in first place - General Announcements Category
- Bastion Graphics for MTN Group Limited and Graphicor Pty Ltd for RMB Holdings tied in first place - Interim Results Category
- Redline for Impala Platinum - Year End Results Category
- Ince Pty Ltd for Afrimat Limited - New Listings Category
- Ince Pty Ltd for M3 Cubed - Best Non Top 100 Company Category
- Overend Outsource for Deutsche Bank and Terranova for Ethos Private Equity tied in first place - Non-Regulatory Advertisements Category
- Ince for Kumba Resources - Corporate Social Responsibility Advertisements Category
- Terranova for Ethos Private Equity - Innovative Communication Advertisements Category
- Bastion Graphics for www.pnp.co.za - Corporate Website Category
- Overend Outsource for Deutsche Bank and Terranova for Ethos Private Equity - Advertisement of the Year Award
Results audited by chartered accountants Gobodo.