Ethos Private Equity Team
We employ over 60 members of staff, including 15 partners, making us the largest private equity firm in sub-Saharan Africa.
Our people represent the most experienced private equity team in South Africa and our single greatest asset. The strength of our team is what sets us apart:
- Exceptional, multi-disciplinary expertise across the value chain (transactional, operational, and analytical) exists in all levels of the team.
- Emphasis on professional development ensures on going organisational evolution to maintain market leadership.
- Team-based value system enables efficient processing of complex projects.
- 30 investment professionals dedicated to portfolio company investments.
- Focused on establishing long-term, consultative relationships that enable deep understanding.
Consequently, our team is able to analyse change and anticipate opportunities resulting in a robust, self-driven deal pipeline.
Ethos' investment team is supported by committed, professional support staff, dedicated to providing "best-in-class" finance, marketing and public relations, administration, compliance, operations and talent management.
The Ethos Culture
Ethos embodies a high-performance team culture. Ethos is committed to recruiting and developing talent within the Firm and there are high expectations of excellence across strategic, operational and administrative functions.
Likewise, Ethos is steadfast in its dedication to providing equal opportunities to all, and diversity in all its facets is embraced. A key tenant of the Ethos culture is to relentlessly strive to continue the philosophy of transformation within black empowerment, both at the Firm, and at the underlying portfolio companies.
Above all, Ethos’ culture expresses the core leadership values of: purpose, execution, stewardship, and vision.
- Stuart MacKenzie Chief Executive Officer Stuart joined Ethos in 1998. His experience spans traditional private equity investing View profile
- Andrea Niebieszczanski Executive Assistant
- Anthonie de Beer Partner Anthonie de Beer joined Ethos in 2002. He has developed significant experience accross the private equity value chain including fu… View profile
- Arlene Byrne Personal Assistant
- Arshad Essa Partner: Mid Market Arshad joined Ethos as a Principal in 2007. Since joining Ethos, he has had significant involvement in the buyout of Tiger Automot… View profile
- Chelsea Wilkinson Head of Corporate Relations Chelsea joined Ethos in 2000 and is responsible for marketing, public relations and brand and reputation management. Until recent… View profile
- Christo Roos Partner Christo joined Ethos in 2001. He has developed meaningful experience across the private equity value chain including deal structur… View profile
- Craig Dreyer Partner: Chief Financial Officer Craig joined Ethos in 1998 as Chief Financial Officer, with oversight for the reporting, governance and administration of Ethos. View profile
- Debbie Fry Executive Assistant
- Denise Stewart IT Manager
- Edward Pitsi Partner: Mid Market Ed joined Ethos as an Associate in February 2011 and was promoted to Principal in October 2013. He is a Partner of the Ethos Mid … View profile
- Emy Ambrosi Senior Manager: Finance & Compliance Prior to joining Ethos, Emy worked at Absa Capital for ten years in various roles in Specialised Finance, Preference Shares and Ve… View profile
- Evantha Moodley Senior Finance Manager: Ethos Mezzanine Partners Evantha joined Mezzanine Partners (now called Ethos Mezzanine Partners) in 2007. She is experienced in portfolio and fund administ… View profile
- Frances Cronje Associate Frances joined Ethos in June 2015. She forms part of the Ethos teams responsible for Twinsaver and Eazi Access. View profile
- Francis Mannix Transformation Co-ordinator
- Glynn Potgieter Principal Glynn joined Ethos as an Analyst in February 2014. Since joining, he worked on Fund VI's investment into Eaton Towers and has been… View profile
- Hasheila Keshav Tax Manager Prior to joining Ethos, Hasheila worked as a Management Accountant at ABN Amro Bank for two years. Hasheila holds a Bachelor of A… View profile
- Horisane Marivate Associate: Value Add Horisane joined Ethos as an Analyst in March 2015. Since joining Ethos, Horisane has been assigned to the value add team. View profile
- Joao Rodrigues Principal: Value Add Joao joined Ethos in July 2014 and specializes in our Value Add discipline. View profile
- Jonathan Matthews Partner Jonathan joined Ethos in September 2014 as a transacting partner. View profile
- Joyce Tlatsana Front of house and housekeeping
- Kalene Lang Senior Manager: Human Resources Kalene joined Ethos in March 2014 and heads up Talent Management. She is deeply invested in and passionate about leadership, devel… View profile
- Kgomotso Moteka Accountant Accountant
- Mark Irwin Senior Manager : Finance Mark holds a Bachelor of Commerce (CTA) from Rhodes University. He is a member of the South African Institute of Chartered Account… View profile
- Melissa Nicholson Compliance Co-ordinator
- Michael Jensen Partner Michael joined Ethos in 2006 and was promoted to Partner in 2016. Since joining Ethos, he has been involved in the execution of a … View profile
- Michelle Botha IT Manager
- Miriam Bob Front of house and housekeeping
- Mpume Mazibuko Fund Accountant
- Mpumi Sibeko Receptionist
- Nana Mahlangu Personal Assistant & Operations Co-ordinator
- Nathalie Higgo Transacting Assistant
- Ngalaah Chuphi Partner Ngalaah joined Ethos Private Equity in 1999. He leads Ethos Private Equity’s sub-Saharan Africa strategy and headed up the firm’s … View profile
- Nomthi Tshongweni Analyst: Value Add Nomthetho (Nomthi) joined the Ethos Value Add team in 2017. Since joining she has primarily been involved at Eazi Access, supporti… View profile
- Odessa Carelse Junior Fund Accountant
- Paula Mehl Value Add Assistant
- Peter Hayward-Butt Partner Peter joined Ethos Private Equity in 2016 and became the CEO of Ethos Capital in July 2016. View profile
- Petros Mabuza Driver
- Phillip Myburgh Partner: Ethos Mezzanine Partners Phillip has 24 years’ experience and is a co-Founder and Partner of Ethos Mezzanine Partners (previously called Mezzanine Partners… View profile
- Rene Siebert Fund Accountant
- Richard Fienberg Partner: Value Creation Richard joined Ethos in 2011 as a Senior Executive focusing on developing in-house value add capability that can be leveraged in c… View profile
- Richard Hardy Principal Richard joined Ethos in June 2013. He is part of the Ethos teams responsible for Transaction Capital and iDwala Industrial Holding… View profile
- Rohan Dyer Partner: Head of Investor Relations Rohan joined in 2014 as Ethos’ Head of Investor Relations.
- Samantha Wilson Manager: Fund Accounting Samantha joined Ethos in June 2001 as the Financial Accountant for the Ethos Group. She occupied this role for 12 years before mov… View profile
- Shaun Zagnoev Partner Shaun joined Ethos in 1994. He has broad and deep investment experience across economic sectors and plays an active role in origi… View profile
- Sonia Sheikh Fund Accountant
- Sonja De Bruyn Sebotsa Partner Ethos' recently launched Ethos Mid Market Fund I is chaired by Sonja. She has 18 years’ experience and is a co-Founder and Princi… View profile
- Tabane Matheolane Principal Tabane joined Ethos as an Analyst in March 2013. She is part of the Ethos team responsible for Waco View profile
- Tanuja Dwarika Management Accountant
- Tim Souter Partner Tim Souter joined Ethos as an associate in July 2011 and was promoted to Partner in March 2018. View profile
- Titi Sekhukhune Principal Titi Sekhukhune joined Ethos as an Associate in August 2012. View profile
- Trix Beytell Fund Accountant
- Tshepo Motlhetlhi Analyst Tshepo joined Ethos as an Analyst in 2017. Prior to joining Ethos, Tshepo worked in corporate finance for three years at Nedbank … View profile
- Walter Hirzebruch Partner: Ethos Mezzanine Partners Walter joined Mezzanine Partners (now called Ethos Mezzanine Partners) in 2006 as a Partner. He has extensive experience across th… View profile